About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
26 years old - Alabama State alumni - certified pharmacy technician - freelance makeup artist

Sunday, January 15, 2012

MAC Haul!

I have been feening for lipcolor lately! I figured it was time for some new lipsticks. I visited my MAC counter this weekend and picked up 2 'surprisingly' because I only wanted one. I purchased Blankety and Ruby Woo. I purchased Rebel like 2 days before NYE but I definately had to include it in this haul. I must say that I am in loooooooove with these colors! They look so good with my complexion. I also purchased MAC's "Cherry" lip pencil to go along with my Ruby Woo lipstick, and two of the Studio Finish SPF35 concealers in NW35 and NW45.



Blankety is a amplied creme that is more on the pinkish nude side. Makes a great nude lipstick for women of color. I wear it with either MAC's "Chestnut" liner or if you want a more nude lipstick look, I would pair it with MAC's "Cork" liner. The lipgloss that I wear on top of it is NYX Megashine lipgloss in "Natural" or MAC's lipglass in "Revealing".
Ruby Woo! Ruby Woo! What can I say? I am in looove with this color! This is my favorite lipstick out of the bunch. It is the perfect red lipstick for women of color...matter of fact for anyone. It is a matte lipstick which means it is really dry when applying to the lips. I would suggest using a lip conditioner or lip balm underneath to make the application more easier. You do not need a lip gloss with this one! It looks great alone. I would also suggest using a lip liner. The lip liner that I purchased with it is MAC's "Cherry". It is a very vibrant red lipliner and it works great with this lipstick being that it is vibrant also.
Rebel is a perfect color for the fall/ winter season! It is a satin finish. I wear it with my MAC "Vino" liner.


These are the two concealers that I purchased.

I usually use Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NW47. I use the NW45 Studio Finish SPF 35 concealer under my eyes as a highlight and I use the NW35 Studio Finish SPF35 concealer to define and shape my brows.

No comments: