About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
26 years old - Alabama State alumni - certified pharmacy technician - freelance makeup artist

Sunday, August 14, 2011

To Date or Not to Date...That is the Question


I keep going back and forth on whether I want to date or get involved with someone at the moment. Truth is, I need to do me right now. I've been doing me for 4 years so far. That's how long my last relationship has been. It's not because I'm scorned or emotional baggage...nothing like that. Things are not where I want them to be for me to get involved with someone.  I feel like I'm in "transition" state. I just graduated from college last year with a biology degree. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do with it. I knew I wanted to do something in the medical/ allied health field, so I changed my career direction to pharmacy. I started going to Everest Institute in April of this year for a pharmacy tech program and now I am in the process of applying for pharmacy school. I'm not in a position where I am steady. I don't know where I will be going next year for pharmacy school. I don't know if I will be in-state or out-of-state so I don't need to be establishing something in this "temporary" time I have left in Atlanta. That's a year exactly. Don't get me wrong, I've met some nice guys these past couple of months being at home but it's wrong timing. Like I always say, what's meant to be will happen in God's timing. Not mines or his. I'm not gonna lie, being single can be pretty lonely at times and I try to cover it up by saying #teamsingle, I'd rather be single than......but in order to cope with being single you have to be strong and understand that everything happens for a reason and happens at the right timing and season. With me, I feel as if maybe God is telling me I'm not ready to be in a relationship. That maybe I need to love myself a little more so I can appreciate the significant other that he sends my ways even more.  Another thing, I still live with my parents. Not saying that's fully a bad thing. I'm provided with everything I need. There are times where I wish I had my own space and privacy. I choose not to date because I don't want to have to ask permission to talk to a certain guy. I'm not 16. Like I said before, I want to have that stability when I start back. I also don't have a job either. The only income I have really is from my makeup clients and that hasn't been very high lately. I don't want to have to depend on a man for anything. I don't wanna hear no man complain about how he thinks I'm taking his money or I'm just with him for his money. I don't wanna hear the word "golddigger" associated with my name. I want to be stable and established enough where I feel comfortable to date. So I'm comfortable with my decision. I definately feel like it's for the best. I feel like once everything falls into place in my life, then I will let that special man (whoever he will be) walk into my life. The ending results will be great. So like Bey said, It's Me, Myself, and I.....for now.

No comments: