About Me

My photo
Atlanta, GA, United States
26 years old - Alabama State alumni - certified pharmacy technician - freelance makeup artist

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Not Goodbye, But See You Later

Saturday, I attended Everest Institute 2011 graduation. I got to see some of my pharmacy tech classmates graduate and move on to bigger things. I was really proud of them because I got to see their journey during the time they were in my class. We have the greatest teacher ever, Ms. Whalen. It was really good to see her at the graduation. I've already been through the graduation thing before when I graduated from college back in 2010, but it was something emotional about this graduation ceremony. It wasn't like a regular graduation ceremony. These former students came in a all different ages and situations. It was like through the obstacles, these graduates made it. They conquered so much in life and it was so inpiring to hear their stories of their journey at Everest. I was really proud of them. However, there was one student who did not make the journey. She had passed away before she could graduate. It was emotional when her family came up and accepted her cap and gown as well as her certificate. It was nice to be apart of the graduation as an ambassador. We got to come on the stage and be introduced for our officer roles in the organization. Overall, it was a great event and I can't wait until my graduation in Feb :)

No comments: